The Libbey House is so much more than just a 10,600 square-foot, 18-room, Colonial Revival & Shingle style house built for a leading glass industrialist in 1895. It represents our community's tie to industrial innovation and business collaboration. Then again, it is also a key part of our future with potential as:
- a unique setting for special events,
- a venue for historical and educational programming, and
- an institute for global knowledge sharing and collaboration.
In order for these plans to remain a viable vision, the Libbey House Foundation intends to fund and manage a $3.5 million historic rehabilitation of the Libbey House property. We are currently focusing our efforts on ongoing predictive maintenance while we finalize our renovation planning with the help of architects, engineers and construction managers. Our goal is to reach our financial objectives by 2020 and complete our rehabilitation by 2022.
To address our needs and plans we are initiating an intensive fundraising effort titled the “Save the Libbey House” campaign. Our aim with this important effort is to raise the funds required to maintain and enhance our facilities. Our minimum goal is $3,500,000, which will enable us to complete the entire project without debt. Our ultimate goal is to raise $6,000,000 to establish an endowment to help offset future maintenance costs.
All of our supporters are asked to consider helping us make our goal. You can help in several ways:
- Gifts may be made in monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual installments at the donor’s discretion. A 10% initial investment toward your total pledge is requested.
- Non-cash gifts are an additional or alternative way you can support our cause. You may, for example, wish to consider gifts “in kind” such as labor and materials; gifts of securities such as stocks and bonds; gifts of real estate or even personal property such as artwork, automobiles, jewelry and antiques.
- And finally, you can also choose to support our efforts through deferred gifts. These are gifts that can be given or arranged for now, but will not be received until later, and include gifts through a person’s will by bequest, gifts of life insurance policies or annuities, and gifts in trust.
To make the future of the Libbey House strong and vibrant, your support and your gift to the Save the Libbey House campaign are critical. Please make your donation today online; or pledge or donate by calling 419-252-0722.